Cool School Challenge
The Cool School Challenge (CSC) is part of the National Wildlife Federation’s Eco-Schools USA program that is “truly providing students with a unique, research and application based learning experience.” (NWF Eco-Schools) CSC provides tools for students and teachers to become leaders in auditing energy and carbon use, and finding ways to reduce these emissions. This ties in perfectly with our PNCL goals of creating climate leaders and increasing climate literacy. We are in the process of recruiting “Challenge Coaches” that will lead your team of students.
Check out Artondale Elementary School in Gig Harbor!
Goals of the Cool School Challenge:
- Educate young people about climate change and everyday actions they can take to reduce their impact locally and globally
- Reduce carbon dioxide emissions and other greenhouse gas emissions in and around schools
- Encourage student leadership and empowerment
- Foster a community of teachers and students working together to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions
- Foster a new generation of environmental activists
Link: Eco-Schools USA Program